ALLY SETTLEMENT Co. understands that you expect your financial information to be kept private and secure. And while information about you is fundamental to our ability to provide title insurance services for you, we have taken steps to ensure your privacy is protected. This notice is to let you know how we collect information about you, the type of information we collect and what we may disclose to our affiliated and non-affiliated third parties. It also details the steps we take to protect your non-public personal information. (This policy applies only to products or services primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.)
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In the course of provided title and settlement services to you, we may collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms such as name, address, date of birth, social security number, gender and marital status;
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others;
• Information that we receive from others involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent or lender.
SHARING AND USE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We may find it necessary in the course of conducting business to disclose the information we collect about you, described above, in the following circumstances:
• Information may be shared with third parties to enable them to provide customer service;
• Information may be shared with third parties (as permitted by law) who are assisting us by performing services or functions necessary to a real estate transaction such as real estate agents, real estate brokers, real estate brokerage firms, mortgage brokers, abstract and title search companies, attorneys, individuals or firms inspecting real estate, settlement agents, and other services necessary to the process of buying and selling real estate;
• Information may be shared with third parties as permitted or required by law, such as compliance with a subpoena, fraud prevention or compliance with an inquiry from a government agency or regulator; and
• Information may be shared third parties so they may tell you about other products or services which might be useful or beneficial to you.
• EXCEPT AS DISCLOSED ABOVE, WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NON-PUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS OR FORMER CUSTOMERS TO ANYONE, EXCEPT AS PERMITTED BY LAW.
EMPLOYEE ACCESS TO CUSTOMER INFORMATION
• We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. All of our employees have criminal record checks and satisfactory credit history prior to joining our team. In addition, our employees are trained to respect customer privacy and to access customer information only when they have a business reason to know the information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public information.
Additional information from our underwriter, Old Republic National Title Insurance Co. can be found here.